Private Piano Lessons
A Strong Foundation
As a student in the Yamaha Piano Course, you will be learning from our exclusive Pianoforte curriculum developed by the Yamaha Music Foundation. Lessons will also include other traditional methods carefully chosen by the teacher to meet individual goals and needs.
All students are encouraged to participate in school performance activities, including studio classes and recitals.
Private Voice Lessons
Our individual singing lessons are one-on-one sessions where students work to find and beautify their natural singing voice.
All lessons include…
- Individually tailored curriculum
- Exploration of a variety of musical genres
- Musical interpretation and characterization
- Music theory (EVERY singer learns to read music!)
Why learn to sing?
- Improved range and color of singing voice
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved public speaking skills
- Heightened sense of musicality
Private Violin/Cello Lessons
Our violin lessons are individual sessions for students ages 5 through adult.
Students learn the foundations of:
- Proper care and maintenance of their instruments and bows
- Left-hand shape, including proper finger placement
- Great sound production
- Different bowing techniques and strokes
- Basic Aural skills and music theory
- Discipline and efficient practicing tools
- Scales, etudes, and challenging repertoire
- Creativity and musical interpretation
Lesson structure and format:
- Beginners to Advanced
- Lesson Length: 30 minutes are recommended for beginners, 45 or 60 minute lessons for intermediate to advanced
- Minimum beginning age: 5
Private Guitar Lesson
About Guitar lessons:
Students will learn to develop these skills through fun and stimulating lessons that are crafted to suit their specific needs. Students not only learn to play on their own, but with the instructor, developing the know-how to continue learning and collaborate with others.
All lessons include:
- One-on-one instruction crafted to help you develop your techniques correctly.
- Learning to play your favorite song, riff or guitar solo.
- Developing a strong foundation of skills with any style of music including sight-reading, ear-training and music theory.
- 30 minute lessons are recommended for young children 8 – 11.
- 45 minute lessons are the perfect length because they allow appropriate time for learning new material, teacher demonstration and recapping previous lessons. Recommended for 12 and up.
- 60 minute lessons are great for building or expanding repertoire as well as for students who are serious in pursuing guitar and music through high school and beyond.